Introduction to Backyard Bees
Introduction to Backyard Bees
If you are planning on become a beekeeper or just interested in finding out more about bees and beekeeping then this course is for you.
Hosted by Benedict Hughes - The Practical Beekeeper, who looks after the bees at Edendale Farm
In the 2 hour online beginning beekeeping workshop you can expect to learn everything from the inner workings of a bee hive to the amazing properties of raw honey; how to maintain a healthy hive; to the wonders of swarms and how to keep them in check.
There is plenty of time for questions and answers, and if you have a Flow hive we can certainly help with all your questions!
The class is suitable for adults and teenagers who are interested to get started or learn more about bees.
- Protective clothing and occupational health and safety
- Types of hives and components
- Bee biology and seasonal management
- Diseases and pests of bees
- Extracting honey
- Purchasing hives
Benedict Hughes is a fully qualified trainer and a well-known registered Beekeeper. As The Practical Beekeeper he collects swarms, manages hives, extracts honey, teaches and loves bees.
Benedict is the President of The Australian Pollinator Alliance Inc., a not for profit group dedicated to promote the health of bees and all pollinators, critical to our food and natural environment, through education, research and conservation.
- All about the bee, biology, diseases and honey
- Types of equipment and hives required
- Regulaitons and purchasing bees
home gardeners, environmentally concerned
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 72 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Edendale Farm requires at least 72 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Edendale Farm has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Edendale Farm does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Edendale Farm to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Edendale Farm, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Edendale Farm or organised by Edendale Farm must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Edendale Farm
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Edendale Farm unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs, videos or recordings taken at Edendale Farm classes and events or on Edendale Farm premises. (For use of Edendale Farm marketing materials).
Photos and videos recordings will not be taken of children without written permission from parents or guardians.
Edendale Farm requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Edendale Farm, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.